Monday, October 13, 2008

Incandesence

written November 11, 1995

Remember when you used to take those poor little fireflies and Well do you remember what you used to do with those glowing insects? You'd taunt them When you caught them and kept them in that jar. "You'll live" you said "I'll even cut holes in the top" Then, when you and your gang of warriors decided the hunt was up you'd take those bugs and smush their glowing parts and then you and your tribe would rub their luminescence on your face, up your arms as a Victorious war paint. I remember watching and we would gasp and declare all the horror that there was in such an act I still feel that way but tell me... I'd like to know... Did you get the same feeling I do When I squeeze my tubes of paint and squish that lovely sticky greasy stuff through my fingertips?

No comments: